Choosing a Remote Starter with the Right Features for YOU!
We install thousands of remote starter systems every year at Automotive Concepts. About half of the units we install are for new car dealerships who have a customer that wants to add a remote starter to their new vehicle. The other half are retail customers who are looking learn more about the features available on our remote start systems so they can choose the remote start kit is right for them.
Do you already know which features you want? View our
Selection of Professionally Installed Remote Car Starters
What Remote Start Features are Available?
Remote Transmitter Range
Consider the distance you are from your vehicle when you’re at work, and during trips to the mall, movies and restaurants when choosing a range. You may find you wish you had gone with a larger minimum range for these occasions. The last thing you want is a remote start system that is always out of range when you need it most! All of our Viper remote starts have 2,000ft of range (over 6 football fields), with the exception of the LCD screen remotes such as the Viper 4706V which offers 1 mile of range.
One-way or Two-way Remote Starter
One of the most frequent questions we get is what the difference is between a one-way remote start and a two-way remote start. The difference is that the two-way remotes confirm that the vehicle has started. With a two-way system, the remote fob sends the signal to the vehicle to start, as soon as the vehicle has started it will send a signal back to the fob which will alert you with either an audible tone or a flashing LED to confirm that the vehicle has started. This feature is usually the first thing people pass up on to cut cost, but it’s the biggest regret we hear from customers who go with the one-way system. Walking out to a cold vehicle because you didn’t know that it didn’t start is a huge buzz kill.
We suggest getting a remote starter with Lock and Unlock buttons for vehicles that have power locks but don’t have keyless entry from the factory. The added convenience of not having to fumble around with your key and try to unlock your car door with gloves on when it’s below zero outside is nice. We also recommend this feature for anyone who Lock and Unlock buttons are on a separate fob from their key. This will eliminate having to carry around two key fobs. If your key itself has buttons built into it, a one button remote starter is likely all you need!
LCD Screen Remote
Our higher end Viper remote start systems have LCD screens that will add the ability to check additional information such as the temperature inside of your vehicle or how long your vehicle has been running.
SmartStart allows you to start your vehicle and view vehicle information from your smart phone from virtually anywhere in the world. SmartStart is compatible with all Viper and Automate remote start systems and can also be used as a standalone system without an actual remote start fob. This system does require a service subscription. We typically recommend their $168.99 3-year base subscription unless you are looking to use the more advanced features. View Viper’s other Smart Start Subscription Pricing
options. The following features are available in SmartStart:
– Lock/Arm, Unlock/Disarm, Remote Car Starter, Trunk Release, Panic, and Aux Functions.
– Did you accidentally leave your door open? Is your trunk popped? The Status Updates feature on the Viper SmartStart app will let you know.
– SmartStart GPS includes the ability to locate your car from almost anywhere, plus other exciting features: Vehicle Speed and Location, Speed Alerts, Lockdown Alerts, Smart Fence, HotSpot, Curfew, and Social Media Check-ins.
– Viper SmartStart’s new SmartSchedule is patent-pending technology that sends smart, behavior-based reminders to you when it’s time to start your car. SmartSchedule triangulates scheduling, weather and location data to generate these predictive start reminders.
Viper Motor Club
– Locked out?
Dead battery? Need a tow? Viper SmartStart’s got your back. Free 24/7/365 roadside assistance now comes with Viper SmartStart. Customers in a bind can access the Viper Motor Club with just the push of a button in the Viper SmartStart app.
– SmartPark notes a vehicle’s location every time you press the door lock button from the Car Control screen, or the Park My Car button from the SmartPark screen. To return to the stored location, you simply press the Find My Car button from the SmartPark screen and retrieve the location, accessing any additional accompanying photo or note reminder that the you may have stored. SmartPark shows a map with directions back to the car’s location.
– Too many parking tickets because you forgot to refill the parking meter? Need help remembering when it’s time to put in more coins? Don’t worry, the Viper SmartStart app will remember for you!
Built in Security System
If your car does not have a factory alarm system, or if you often have valuable items in your car such as an upgraded audio system, laptop, portable GPS unit, or a radar detector, we suggest choosing Viper remote start that has a security system built in. Viper has been the leader is vehicle security for years and this system will offer alerts if your vehicle is being tampered with. Viper alarm systems also include a loud audible alarm to deter thieves during break-in attempts.
Add Other Additional Features
We can add many auxiliary functions to remote starters that have an AUX button on the remote. These features can include turning on heated seats and/or rear window defrosters, power trunk or lift gate release, and more! Let us know if there is a specific function you’d like to add!